These are the terms I use to describe the basic concepts inside of BandHelper. If you use the same terms, you'll understand the documentation more easily and will be able to write better help requests.
- account: all the data you set up in BandHelper, accessed through your account name, username and password
- project: a grouping you can create in your account if you have multiple bands, solo projects, etc.
- user: separate login information you can set up for your bandmates to access your account; you can give different project access and permissions to each user
- song: an item you add to your account that includes fields for title, artist, key, tempo, etc.
- document: a PDF, text or image file that you can attach to a song and view within the app
- lyrics: text that you can type or paste into a song, then view or edit within the app
- recording: an audio file that you can attach to a song and play within the app
- MIDI preset: a collection of MIDI program changes or other MIDI messages that you can attach to a song or layout and send from the app
- set list: an item you add to your account that includes a list of attached songs that you can rearrange in any order
- break: the time that your band leaves the stage between sets; you can add breaks to a set list when editing a set list
- pause: a shorter time that your band might take between particular songs to change equipment or make announcements; you can add pauses to a set list when editing a set list
- set list view: the page in the app where you can view and interact with a set list you've created; set list views can include the set list, the details for the selected song, or both in a split-view layout
- layout: an arrangement of text and buttons in the set list view; the app includes several standard layouts, but you can edit them to your liking or create new layouts from scratch
- contact: an item you add to your account that includes fields for name, address, phone, etc.; you can organize contacts into categories like Venue, Media, Tech, etc.
- event: an item you add to your account that includes fields for name, date, pay, etc.; you can attach a contact to an event when editing the event; you can attach a set list to an event when editing the set list
- transaction: an item you add to your account that includes fields for name, category, amount and users involved; if you log all your transactions, BandHelper can calculate the money currently received by or owed to each user